[Savannah-hackers] cvs admin -m

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] cvs admin -m
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:00:51 -0500 (CDT)

Does one need to be a "Project Admin" to use csv admin -m?

I usually do all my CVS using the Emacs VC front end and am not really
used to command line CVS, so it is possible that I did something
stupid, but other people at Emacs-devel seem to believe that the stuff
below should have worked.  I have write access, but I am not a
"Project Admin".

I did:

[bash2.05b.0 ~ 3 1] cd emacscvsdir/emacs
[bash2.05b.0 ~/emacscvsdir/emacs 3 2] cvs admin -m1.283:'(install-arch-indep,
u\ninstall): Add SES manual.' Makefile.in
Enter passphrase for RSA key 'address@hidden':
cvs [server aborted]: usage is restricted to members of the group anoncvs
[bash2.05b.0 ~/emacscvsdir/emacs 3 3]

(My Emacs CVS stuff is in ~/emacscvsdir.)

Sincerely,

Luc.