[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah shell access required -- or at least ssh

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah shell access required -- or at least ssh-rsync-upload
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:00:40 +0200

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I require access in order to rsync to the savannah coreutils CVS
>> repository from the master repository on my desktop.
>>
>> I am pretty paranoid about security, so IMHO you have very
>> little to fear in the way of compromise via my account.
>
> Normally you should be able to do rsync with the restricted shell.

Note that I *upload* to savannah.

> Would you like to try?
>
> If it does not work, I'll get your full access back.

It doesn't work the way I'm doing it.
Here's what I get:

rsync \
  -e ssh \
  -zrvtlp \
  --checksum \
  --exclude '*~' \
  --delete \
  --delete-excluded \
    cu/ \
  savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/coreutils/coreutils
You tried to execute: `/usr/local/bin/cvssh -c rsync --server -vltprcz
--delete-excluded . /cvsroot/coreutils/coreutils'.
Sorry, you are only allowed to execute :
   - CVS_RSH=ssh cvs commands
   - rsync from /cvsroot or /upload.
   - rsync to /upload.
   - sftp to /upload.
   - scp to /upload.
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)
make: *** [sav] Error 12
[Exit 2]