[Savannah-hackers] [support #102454] DB MIGRATION

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #102454] DB MIGRATION
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:27:02 -0400

Support Request #102454, was updated on Thu 09/18/03 at 12:27
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102454&group_id=11

Category: None

By: parser
Date: Thu 09/18/03 at 12:27
Logged In: YES
user_id=20424
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)

Hi,

I just upgraded my half a year old savannah

installation to the DEV_2003-09-05_CERN version which

I checked out two days ago.

My problem is that the database has changed it´s

structure. Some tables are new, some changed their

number of columns, etc.

How can I migrate the data from the db based on the

old structure to the actual versions db.

I don´t want to touch all the tables by myself. Do you

have a script for that problem. How do you keep your

db up to date while changing the dbs structure.

I have found the sv_migrate script. But I don´t know

how it works or, I don´t think it is made for my

problem.

Thanks

You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102454&group_id=11