[Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Indexing Power for Databases (GIPOD

From: biteater
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Indexing Power for Databases (GIPOD) - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:47:54 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Enrique Moya Fernandez <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: GNU Indexing Power for Databases (GIPOD)
System name: gipod
Type: GNU

This project is more an invitation to develop a software in basis of this
algorithm and is the algorithm what whill be under the GPL License.

I'ts about usin exponential expresions of prime number as categorie hashes for
database registers. This is usefull for mixing data for database performance
improvement.

As simple as it sounds.

Z^n=nC

Example:

2=> Categorie: People

2^2=> Subcategorie: Admins

2^3=> Subcategorie: Clients

2^4=> Subcategorie: Providers

2^5=> Subcategorie: Users

2^6=> Subcategorie: Employee

2^n...=> n...Subcategorie/s.

3=> Categorie: Addresses

3^2=> Subcategorie: Home

3^3=> Subcategorie: Work

3^n=> n...Subcategorie/s.

So:

(2^2)*(3^2)=36

36|2     36|2

18|2     18|2    ====> 2^2 =====> user

 9|3    -----

 3|3      9|3

 1|       3|3    ====> 3^2 =====> home

          1|

and:

(2^2)*(2^6)=256

256|2   256|2

128|2   128|2

 64|2    64|2

 32|2    32|2   ======> 2^6 ====> Employee

 16|2    16|2

  8|2     8|2

  4|2   -----

  2|2     4|2

  1|      2|2  =======> 2^2 ====> Admin

          1|

Obiously this is only the demonstration, cause to make it work the only thing
we need is to find the geometric arrays of the hash number's defined by the
categories as whe don't store the number as the result, we store the geometric
expresion of it ;-), so we know for every register what are their categories
and sub-categories easily as the computer.

Example:

(5)===> Genius

1st Name | 2nd Name |Categories

---------|-------------------------

Enrique  |  Moya    |(2^2)*(2^6)*5

         |          |

         |          |

         |          |

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
My apologies for my arrogance if this is already registered by someone else
before or if it is already in use.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/