[Savannah-hackers] submission of GNUStep Object Oriented Diagram (GOOD)

From: frederic . loui
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNUStep Object Oriented Diagram (GOOD) - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 06:00:01 -0400

Frederic LOUI <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: GNUStep Object Oriented Diagram (GOOD)
System name: good
Type: non-GNU

Here is the goals of the project divided in 3 and independant module:

- provide a diagramming framework so as to easily draw diagram. ( Such as Visio
(TM), Omnigraffle(TM) does)

- provide a framework that will define the compilation rules in order to
generate output from the diagram. ( source code, XML  for example )

- provide a framework library so as to manage diagramming autolayout using the
graph theory.

The target objective is to get a robust, wolrd class and of course bug free
library or set of codes that can be used to build diagramming dependant
application such as:

- Network monitoring Tool ( one best example is HPOPenView(TM) )

- Diagramming application ( Visio(TM) Omnigraffle (TM) )

- Source code generation ( UML, OMT model etc ...)

etc ...

Other Software Required:
simply, gnustep

SQL db such as PostGreSQL or MySQL

Other Comments:
I have turned around the web and did not find such library.

And then... I MET GNUSTEP !! Which is to my opinion one the the simplest and
powerful development kit I've found (though it is not fully mature).

But it is just a matter of time.

GNUSTEP is multi-platform and has been specified by talented engineer from
NEXT/SUN and now Apple. Application build on top of the GNUSTEP Dev-Kit should
survive the OpenStep/COCOA evolution.

Why GNUStep ? Because of its objective-C and fully Object oriented aspect that
coupled make the learning curve short for non-hackers.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/