[Savannah-hackers] Re: Inability to upload files: permission denied

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Inability to upload files: permission denied
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:12:02 +0100

David MENTRE <address@hidden> said:

> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I made a `chmod g+rw axiom -Rv` , it should help.
>>
>> Can you tell me if it is ok now?
>
> It seems to work.
>
> In fact, another project member has deleted the whole download/axiom/
> directory so (1) it has been able to delete everything (the access
> rights were correct) and (2) we are starting from a clean state. :)
>
> Before doing the upload, I have "chmod g+wX -R axiom" so I hope access
> rights are now correct ("drwxrwsr-x").
>
> Should not the access rights fixed automatically on the Savannah side?
> As long as project members have rights to upload file, he should be able
> to upload or delete any file.

I agree, there should be always at least g+rw, I'll try to find a way
to insure that.

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |