[Savannah-hackers] joining www project

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] joining www project
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:48:49 -0500

Dear GNU web folks,

(rms suggested I write to these lists about this ...)

1) According to rms, Brett stopped being the chief GNU webmaster about
   two months ago.  He's still listed as the (only) project admin of the
   www project in savannah, though.  And hence I wrote to him about
   joining the project.  It would be nice if the project admin could be
   changed to whoever it really is.

2) I'd like to join the www project, i.e., have permission to write the
   GNU web pages.  Could someone add me, please?

   For one thing, I'm doing preliminary work for rms now in choosing
   maintainers, and it would be nice for me to be able to update
   help/help.html (which currently incorrectly says miscfiles, cpio, and
   hyperbole need maintainers).

   For another, rms asked me to set up a web form for people to submit
   projects to GNU (we're currently sending them the form in email,
   making it available on the web will cut out a step).

3) Which leads to one last question -- are cgi scripts enabled on the
   server?  And if so, with an extension or in a directory or both or?
   Sorry if this is documented somewhere, I couldn't find any info
   poking around the www project page.  (I also tried just making an
   executable test.cgi in my software/texinfo directory, but it did not
   get executed, so apparently that is not the way.)

Thanks,
karl