Re: [Savannah-hackers] polyxmass project

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] polyxmass project
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:57:01 +0100

Filippo Rusconi wrote:
Hello to you all !

the polyxmass package that I am authoring (that is a scientific
package) has been dubbed a GNU package by Richard Stallman some days
ago. I had set up some months ago an account on savannah (username
rusconi), and I would like to use that account to set up the polyxmass
tree (that polyxmass package is actually a set of six different but
interrelated packages).

Could you tell me how to do that without going through the package
validation process, since that was done earlier by the GNU/FSF new
packages' staff ?

Since these 6 packages are interrelated and already have a common name, please only register one project with this name. It is much easier for you to manage releases and bug tracking from a single project interface, and everything is provided to subdivide it in logical parts.

Up to now all my stuff was (still is, actually) in
www.polyxmass.org. I did not have a CVS account anywhere (but on my
own personal devel computer), so it seems to be time to set a CVS
up...

If you give an URL to a full CVS tarball (with its RCS files), we can install it directly on Savannah so you won't lose your work history. You should provide this information from the registration form.

Also, could you give me some directions on how to deal with the big
number of HTML pages that are currently in www.polyxmass.org ? I could
transfer these pages, but where exactly ?

Savannah can host web pages for you, it has a CVS facility for that. Simply import your HTML document tree into the proper module, and it will be served at http://www.gnu.org/software/polyxmass/. It's fully documented.

Thank you for you patience with a "brand new" package
author/maintainer :)

I'm awaiting your project inscription : http://savannah.gnu.org/register/