[Savannah-hackers] [task #1481] Dead Project Account Removing

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [task #1481] Dead Project Account Removing
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:57:12 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the task tracker
 of the project: Savannah.

[task #1481] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: nttWed 11/26/2003 at 14:57 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
    Percent Complete | None                      | 90%

[task #1481] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah
Submitted by: Mathieu Roy
On: -

Category:  Savannah Server Admin
Should Start On:  Thu 10/03/2002 at 00:00
Should be Finished on:  Thu 10/03/2013 at 00:00
Effort:  0.00

Original Submission:  Some project used to be hosted here but now are hosted
elsewhere. In some case, project was only registered but never used.

Useless projects accounts use space without serving the purpose of the
registration (contributing to the Free Software community). Worst, it makes
harder and harder to search for a project with those dead ones remaining.

So we need to, sometimes, take a look on hosted projects.

It will also help to find potential abusive usage of savannah.

Policy:

- Project accounts found with only pointers to somewhere else where development
continues, nothing more (cvs empty, download area empty) are directly trashed
notification about the ending of the Savannah usage ?).

- Project account found with only pointers to some other place where the
development ended before (or at the same moment) are potentially useless. The
project is set to private. A mail should be sent to projects admins asking them
if they plan to move on savannah. If not, project trashed.

Process:

- I'm going to check the whole list of non-GNU project (not in a day, for sure).

- I'm going to run sv_hide_dead_projects on a regular basis.

This link http://savannah.nongnu.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=%%&type=2

permits to follow projects in order.

Checking by checking, I'll post as comment here the last project I checked.
I'll post a message on address@hidden for any project discarding.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&amp;item_id=1481>

  Message sent via/by Savannah