[Savannah-hackers] notification e-mail bug

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] notification e-mail bug
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:14:24 +0100

Hello,

First, thank you for fixing the notification system. It was painful that
it was not working.

Well, I found a really minor bug again. In the notification e-mail from
the bug tracker, the name of a person who changes a bug is used in the
From field. But the name is not quoted correctly, so it generates an
invalid format, if the name contains any unsafe character. For example,
I have registered "Yoshinori K. Okuji" as my name. Then, the bug
tracker generates this line:

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji <address@hidden>

But '.' (dot) is not allowed to appear as a phrase, because it is
defined as one of the specials (RFC 822). So it is necessary to quote
the name like this:

From: "Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden>

Regards,
Okuji