[Savannah-hackers] submission of hoseContext: Web-based multi-exit forms

From: jafo
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of hoseContext: Web-based multi-exit forms. - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:17:22 -0500

Sean Reifschneider <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: hoseContext: Web-based multi-exit forms.
System name: hosecontext
Type: non-GNU

hoseContext is a system for adding context to web pages.  Effectively, it can
be thought of as providing modal-dialog functionality to web-sites.  By this, I
am speaking of a page such as an order form, which allows a user to update
their address.  That address update, in a typical GUI, may be implemented as a
modal dialog, which comes up in front of the order entry form, where the
address can be changed.  When you click "ok", you are returned to where you
were, without having to use the "back" button in the browser.

This system provides an implementation and a presentation on it's
implementation which was given at the PyCon 2 conference last month.

The source code may be downloaded in the "swf-0.1.tar.gz" file located at:
ftp://ftp.tummy.com/pub/swf-0.1.tar.gz

Sean

Other Software Required:
Python, Apache web server.

Other Comments:
This is a work in progress, as indicated by the version number.  I am
submitting this at the request of the project's author, Steve Holden.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/