[Savannah-hackers] [support #103148] rejected mailing list post with sou

From: Elfyn McBratney
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:20:19 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103148] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Elfyn McBratney <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Fri 06/25/2004 at 16:18 (Europe/London)

SF say this is now fixed.  Would the OP like to confirm that this is fixed?

[support #103148] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: 0
On: Wed 06/23/2004 at 00:43

Category:  None

Original Submission:  Some of the messages I try to post to nongnu.org mailing
lists are benging rejected.  Here is the bounce response from one:

<address@hidden>:
199.232.76.166 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-Verification failed for <address@hidden>
550-Called:   66.35.250.206
550-Sent:     RCPT TO:<address@hidden>
550-Response: 550 "rejected because your SMTP server, 199.232.76.173,is in the
SF.net RBL.
550 Sender verify failed
Giving up on 199.232.76.166.

This does not always happen.  Some have been posted, however the last 5 were
not.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Fri 06/25/2004 at 16:18       By: beu
SF say this is now fixed.  Would the OP like to confirm that this is fixed?

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 19:19       By: beu
It seems we are not the only ones having this problem:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=975428&group_id=1&atid=200001

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 19:05       By: beu
Fair enough ;)  I'm off to lodge my complaint (which has an unwanted
side-effect of having to register..  sigh..)

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 18:54       By: Beuc
As far as I am concerned, I think everybody could notice SF they are
blacklisting the FSF mail server!

As for officiality, as Savannah hackers we have all the necessary authority to
talk with SF, don't worry.

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 18:32       By: mjflick
I think it would be best to have the FSF sysadmins make the request.  It would
look more official that way, in my opinion.

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 16:46       By: beu
Should we give it a try (the grumble) or ask the FSF sysadmins to do it?  I'm
thinking the latter as we don't really have the authority to have monty-python
removed from their RBL.

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 07:06       By: None
That kind of defeats the purpose of subscribing to a mailing list with my
sourceforge address.  I don't want my real address on the list.

Date: Wed 06/23/2004 at 18:58       By: Beuc
I guess we'll have to grumble at SF, because our mail server has no reason to
be in their RBL.

Date: Wed 06/23/2004 at 01:09       By: mjflick
It seems that 199.232.76.173 is blackholed by SF.net, as noted in the bounce.

Basically, the email address you are using is not your authentic email address.
 Try sending to the list from another email address and that should fix the
problem.

CC List
-------

CC Address                          | Comment
beu                                 | Added moi

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103148>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/