[Savannah-hackers] Merging two projects (classpath and cp-tools)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Merging two projects (classpath and cp-tools)
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:26:24 +0200

Hi,

We want to (re)merge the GNU Classpath and GNU Classpath Tools projects
on savannah to be under the same savannah project classpath.
GNU Classpath Tools (cp-tools) was always an official subproject of GNU
Classpath (classpath) but they were setup as different projects on
savannah to make administration and releases easier.
But now it seems it is much easier for the administrative tasks for them
to be the same savannah project.

Would it be possible to merge cp-tools into classpath?
As far as I can see this means the following things:

- All developers of the cp-tools project are already part of classpath.
  If someone is missing I can easily add them by hand.
- The mailinglist need to be attached to the classpath project
  cp-tools-commit cp-tools-discuss
  this can be done by hand.
- Move cp-tools CVS modules
  automakejar cp-tools gjdoc texinfo-doclet
  under classpath CVS software.
  Is it possible to make commit messages for these modules go to the
  cp-tools-commit mailinglist?
- We can move the three webpages from cp-tools into classpath CVS
  webpages by hand easily. They will then appear under
  http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/cp-tools/
  Is it possible to make http://www.gnu.org/software/cp-tools/
  auto direct to that new location?
- The tasks, patches and bug tracker items must be moved to the
  classpath trackers. If this isn't possible automatically then
  we can do it by hand for the open items, there aren't that many.

Is the above possible?
Is there any way I can help make this merge easier?

Thanks,

Mark Wielaard
GNU Classpath Maintainer