[Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #104299] upload of wget 1.10 tarball

From: Mauro Tortonesi
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #104299] upload of wget 1.10 tarball
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:55:12 -0500

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 03:39 pm, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:22:36PM -0500, Mauro Tortonesi wrote:
>
> What to you call "GNU servers"?  If you mean fencepost, then you
> should write to address@hidden - same process.

yes, i meant that. but i just checked again. my SSH access on fencepost works.

> > 3) why a maintainer should ever need to register his GPG key twice (one
> > on address@hidden and another on address@hidden) - shouldn't
> > maintainers be automatically needed FTP upload access?
>
> Dunno, maybe you should ask the sysadmins when they get back to you. I
> believe they do a tighter identify check.

probably. but i am very curious about this. even if they call the phone number
i gave them, this will not make them more sure about my identity.

> > 4) will i ever receive a confirmation that my SSH key is enabled for
> > accessing GNU servers and that my GPG key is enabled for automated FTP
> > upload?
>
> Yes, the sysadmins should send you a mail once that is done.

they didn't for the SSH key. i had to check randomly to see if my access had
been activated. i am afraid i will have to do the same for my GPG key. and
this will of course slow down significantly the upload procedure for wget
1.10.

> I agree this is confusing, but the 2 systems are separate. I'd
> consider ftp.gnu.org for all kind of official, mirrored release, and
> Savannah's as a more convenient download area.

yes, and savannah also provides a good development environment (especially for
new projects). BTW, are you planning to offer subversion support in the near
future? we are planning to migrate to subversion very soon.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition  http://www.ihmc.us
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget