Re: [Savannah-help-public] CVS access at Savannah under AmigaOS

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] CVS access at Savannah under AmigaOS
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:59:52 +0100

> There is no port of CVS to the AmigaOS which uses SSH2 but only SSH1.

I find this strange. CVS uses any rsh-compatible interface, which
includes OpenSSH for protocols 1 or 2.

Did he try http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=48010
or http://www.openssh.org/portable.html ?

Can you (or he) precise the issue?

> One of our FreeType developers would like to access the Savannah CVS
> directly -- is there any possibility to do that?  Perhaps a different
> protocol, or something else?  Currently, he has to use a Windows box
> for this purpose which is, well, not ideal.

We do not plan to provide _write_ access to the CVS repository using
anything else than CVS over SSH - although I plan to provide cvs
pserver anonymous read access. We won't provide pserver write access
because it's unsecure (namely clear-text passwd). The only thing left
would be Kerberos but it works in a way similar to pserver and it
would require more changes than I plan to perform on the CVS setup.

If you've got any other idea.. :)

--
Sylvain