Re: [Savannah-help-public] savannah.gnu.org and savannah.nongnu.org SSL

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] savannah.gnu.org and savannah.nongnu.org SSL certificate problem
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:08:22 +0100

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 04:40:00PM +0000, Jon Grant wrote:
> Hi
> I noticed there are two SSL certificate popup warning/errors when I
> login to this page:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=findutils
>
> The two hostnames which do not have certified SSL certificates are:
>
> savannah.gnu.org
>
> savannah.nongnu.org
>
> I have added CAcert in my browser, I would have thought savannah could
> have got an SSL certificate from there. At present we are seeing the
> popup security warnings each time we visit the site. Could you add
> certified SSL certificates?

Hi,

We've considered this, but haven't gotten around to doing it.  One
blocker is that the CAcert source code is clearly under a non-free
license, which reduced my initial enthusiasm. This is in our task
list, at http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/

You'll note that Savannah is currently down due to hardware failure,
and will be up asap. This is unrelated.

--
Sylvain