[Savannah-help-public] Re: GNU metaharvest

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: GNU metaharvest
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:09:49 +0100

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 07:03:18PM +0100, Laurence Finston wrote:
> Hello Sylvain et al,
>
> I see you were on the "cc" for this message from rms:
>
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:
>
> > I hereby dub metaharvest a GNU package.  Please don't forget to
> > mention prominently in the README file and other suitable
> > documentation places that it is a GNU program.
> >

> [...]
>

> I'd like to move the the sources for the package (`iwfmdh' at present) to
> the GNU part of Savannah.  I'm not quite sure what name to use.  Karl
> Berry and I had agreed on `metaexchange' and I'm not sure whether
> `metaharvest' should be construed as a decision on the part of rms.  I've
> written to Karl about this.  It's not something that needs to be done
> right away.
>
> Would it be possible to keep the old URLs and have requests redirected
> to the new ones?

Hi,

- webpage: yes (by address@hidden)
- mailing list: via a fencepost alias, yes
- source code: probably via server-side symlinks
- savannah project home page: via some mod_rewrite, it should work

I'd like to make it temporary though, for example removing it after
some months, so that this kind of redirections doesn't pile up. As you
can see, this is ad-hoc :)

--
Sylvain