[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107855] login persists for only one day, eve

From: Steve White
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107855] login persists for only one day, even with "Remember Me"
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 18:29:48 +0000

Hi Michael!

Of course.  It's 2011, and this is a laptop.

Those other services, Wikipedia, Amazon, etc. remember who I am, no matter
whether I'm at work or home or in a coffee shop.

Something is broken here.  What good is a "Remember me" button that makes it
remember you only if you never leave the coffee shop?

It occurs to me, some of them such as Amazon, always want me to do as separate
login when I'm submitting sensitive information.  But they already know who I
am, without a special login.  Maybe Savannah is confusing two functionalities
(I don't really know).

Cheers!

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107855>

  Message sent via/by Savannah