[Savannah-help-public] [sr #108126] Savannah web site is only partially

From: Francesco Poli
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #108126] Savannah web site is only partially encrypted (https)
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 12:57:18 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello,
navigating https://savannah.gnu.org/ is and has been rather annoying for a
number of months.
At each single page load, my browser (Iceweasel on Debian GNU/Linux) warns me
that the web site is only partially encrypted. I want to see that warning,
since I want to know what's going on, so disabling the warning is no
solution.

Moreover, this is not only annoying, but also a security issue, since the
browser, once it sees that the page is only partially encrypted, no longer
guarantees that all the connection is correctly encrypted. Hence, it seems to
me that there's no way to be sure that, e.g., the password I am entering while
logging in is not sent in clear text.

I would like to see Savannah fixed: I think that the problem is the banner
image which is directly taken from an external web site:
http://static.fsf.org/fsforg/img/thin-image.png
But it's possible that other similar issues exist.

Please substitute any external image with a local copy, sent to the browser
through the SSL/TLS encrypted connection. Then please check that the HTTPS
navigation works properly.

Thanks for your time.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108126>

  Message sent via/by Savannah