Re: [savannah-help-public] Savannah User Registration Confirmation

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Savannah User Registration Confirmation
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 17:18:52 -0400

Hello James,

On 10/06/2014 02:19 PM, James wrote:
I have waited 48+ hours and I still have not received a confirmation
e-mail for my user registration request.

The most frequent reason is that the registration email went to the 'spam'
folder.
Please, check if you have an email from "address@hidden" in your "trash" or
"spam" folder.
The subject of the email should be "Savannah Account Registration".

If this is not the case, we can investigate further.
Did you use your ".edu" email or another email provider (e.g "gmail" or
"hotmail" ) ?

I would like to post a bug report for DDD, but I cannot register to
do so.  What is then maddeningly frustrating is that the Savannah bug
tracker uses the same registration process, which suffers from the
same defect.

First,
As a temporary work-around, you can send information (including bugs) to the
DDD developers through their mailing list:
list to post on it).

Second,
Unless there's a bug in GNU Savannah, I believe it is possible to submit
anonymous bug reports,
as I have just created one here (not in the DDD project, though).

Please note that there's a trick question at the bottom of the page, asking you
for George Orwell's famous book title -
This is a poor-man's "are you human" test, and without answering it you'll get
an error message, saying:
 "you are not logged in, and you didn't answer the magic anti-spam number, please go
back".

I would appreciate any information on how I can successfully confirm
my desire to register to Savannah.

If the registration email was not found in your spam folder, please write back
and we'll investigate further.

Regards,
 - Assaf