[Savannah-register-public] [task #4867] Submission of Live Cricket Score

From: Tabez Iqbal
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4867] Submission of Live Cricket Score for Mobile Devices
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:08:28 +0530

i understand the problem. that means no applications that run on J2ME could
be hosted at savannah. just a request for clarification: because most of the
devices come with firmware + OS + J2ME, shouldn't the entire thing be
considered as one 'box' on which software programs could be run? users have
no choice whether to install J2ME or not; so we are not forcing the user to
use any non-free software because of our application. though it can be argued
that if J2ME applications are discouraged, then atleast some  mobile vendors,
in the long run, may opt for a Free platform to run on their devices.

i thought about rewriting the initial code in C++ and continuing from there,
but again it has to be run on Symbian OS or a similar  operating system.
AFAIK, Symbian  OS is not Free software. what are the options for some one
who wants to develop Free software for mobile devices? if you are not the
right person to ask such questions to, then please kindly refer me to an
appropriate forum where i can take up this issue.

i will take this project to sourceforge.net(where i initially planned to host
it but opted for savannah when i discovered that sourceforge.net itself is not
Free software and Savannah is). I will submit the C++ project that runs on
Gnu/Linux in Savannah. Thanks  for all the help and advice that you have
given me.

Regards,
tabrez

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4867>