[Savannah-register-public] [task #4948] Submission of Object Relational

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4948] Submission of Object Relational Membrane
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:14:01 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => kickino

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

At first about "fixedpoint", I guess we can start with the summary on SF
which says: " License  : Python Software Foundation License".

Our licensing team wrote about that license:
"License of Python 2.0.1, 2.1.1, and newer versions
This is a free software license and is compatible with the GNU GPL."

So there shouldn't be a problem for us. If the author of the project doesn't
reply to your queries, I think you can add a README file in the directory
where the used files of him/her are and write there the statement(s) that the
code was published under this license....

At second, PyXML was -nevertheless- released at least one GPL compatible
license, so there is no problem for us, too.

At third, in order to release your documentation properly and unambiguously
under the FDL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements after the title page of each work.

In addition, if you haven't already, please add a copy of the FDL
(available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html in various formats)
as a section of your works , and as plain text in a file named 'COPYING'
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt).

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html#SEC4

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html also covers additional points,
including a smaller notice that you can use in auxiliary files.

You should also add GPL license+copyright notices to the .py files in the
doc/ directory.

Furthermore the address of the FSF has changed, and is now:

  51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA

Please update your license notices.

Updates versions of the GPL, LGPL and GFDL can also be found at:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt

Please update the copy of the license (usually, the 'COPYING' file) in your
package as well.

You can find some background and a possible migration script at
https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=3766

Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4948>