[Savannah-register-public] [task #5042] Submission of vile, a vi-compati

From: Paul Fox
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5042] Submission of vile, a vi-compatible text editor
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:19:18 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8193>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  vile, a vi-compatible text editor

System Group Name:
-----------------
  vile

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

(announcements, the occasional bug report, the occasional user help request)
and a place to keep a placeholder web page.  these two things exist now,
hosted on a server in my basement, but the lists are based on ezmlm and are
very clunky, and i really can't see doing the upgrades necessary to turn them
into Mailman while still keeping them in my home.

as for the web page, the current web page lives at http://www.vile.cx -- we
currently have the vile.cx domain gratis, from the Christmas Islands, but
that could change any time.  and losing it would not be a big loss -- having
vile hosted on a well-known site such as nongnu.org would be much more
valuable.

software development would probably continue to be done "off-site", though
that's not my call.  my current involvement in the project (though i'm the
original author) is more administrative.

the code currently lives (and will probably remain) here, if you want to see
it:
  http://invisible-island.net/vile/vile.html

Other Software Required:
  none.  vile runs on any vanilla linux or unix system.  (it also runs on
VMS, Win32, DOS, and probably others.)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5042>

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/