[Savannah-register-public] [task #5065] Submission of esperanto-retejo

From: Ludovic Courtes
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5065] Submission of esperanto-retejo
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:15:25 +0000

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry for the `.listing' issue, that's fixed now.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you meant by needing "to license [my]
pages under the GNU FDL".  First, none of the web pages (which are not
"mine", BTW) are released under the FDL AFAIK.  Second, all of them include
permission-to-copy statements and a copyright notice.  Third, I registered
this project with the "website only" license, which was apparently designed
to handle this situation.

In my repository, the permission-to-copy statements and copyright notice are
kept in a separate file, and only there --- they are, however, included in
the resulting HTML files produced by the Makefile from the `.src' files.  By
"please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements after the
title page of each work", did you mean that this technique is unsuitable
legally, and that I should instead copy the permission statement and
copyright notice in each and every "source" file?

If that is the case, I can keep my Arch repository and the tools I use
private and only commit the resulting HTML files to the www CVS.

Finally, I did read the GNU server standards.  Is there something specific
you wanted to point me at?

Thanks,
Ludovic.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5065>