[Savannah-register-public] [task #5171] Submission of Vazaar

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5171] Submission of Vazaar
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:45:58 +0100

Hi,

I apologizes for the huge delay.

So gtkmozembed seems to have migrated to the triple licensing scheme, which
essentially solve our problem.

This means you can incorporate this code in your GNU GPL'd application - no
need to remove the MPL references though. If you need to contribute code to
gtkmozembed, then the best is probably to use the same triple-licensing.

I'll have a look at your source code and basically everything is fine except
a few details:

1) The address of the FSF has changed, and is now:

  51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA

  Please update your license notices.

  Please update the copy of the license (usually, the 'COPYING' file)
  in your package as well.

  Updated versions of the GPL, LGPL and GFDL can also be found at:
  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt
  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt

  You can find some background and a possible migration script at
  https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=3766

2) Lots of non-code files (but still source files) lack copyright and
   license notices.

   In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under
   the GNU GPL, you need to place copyright notices and
   permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of every
   copyrightable file, usually any file more than 10 lines long.

   If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. binary
   files), then you can add a README file in the same directory
   containing the copyright and license notices. Check
   http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
   for further information.

   The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To
   learn why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the
   code, for example, see
   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

3) Maybe you need to update the year of some copyright notices.

please provide me with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.
Upon review (and hence confirming you're still interested in this
project account) and I'll approve your project.

Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5171>

  Message posté via/par Savannah