[Savannah-register-public] address@hidden: Re: hyperbole manual and GFDL

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] address@hidden: Re: hyperbole manual and GFDL]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:31:47 -0600

One positive reply ...

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:23:15 +0100
From: Mats Lidell <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden (Karl Berry)
Subject: Re: hyperbole manual and GFDL

Hi Karl

You wrote:

Karl> At rms' request, could you change the license on the Hyperbole
Karl> manual to be GFDL?

I guess so. Is there some guide what I should do.

Karl> Also, it would be good to use the Texinfo @copying ... @end
Karl> copying command in the manual, so that the license ends up in
Karl> the HTML files, etc.  There are samples in the Texinfo manual,
Karl>
Karl>
http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Document-Permissions.html

OK. I'll look into this.

Karl> Finally, any prospects of a new release?  The only distribution on
Karl> ftp.gnu.org is from 1996, although I see more recent work in CVS.

Well, I have been doing some small things in CVS, that is true. I have
bumped version number to 5 in preparation for a new release. On the
other hand, the lack of interest, and help, from users haven't
inspired me in getting anything out the door. Maybe I should release
5.0 anyway just for the sake of it!?

Yours
--
%% Mats