[Savannah-register-public] [task #5253] Submission of Duodecimo: A littl

From: Louis B. Moore
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5253] Submission of Duodecimo: A little bibliographic system
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:10:39 +0000

> At first, do you really *link* against mod_perl or do you only use it?

I don't link against mod_perl, and if a different templating system than
Mason is preferred, I can probably shift over.

> At second - "I use subversion" - we don't support subversion @SV. But
provide
> CVS and GnuArch support.

CVS is fine (GnuArch, too I imagine, I just don't know it) , I realized after
the fact that you were not interested in what I used to develop with at
home... and after this becomes a public project, I would be using public
servers myself.

> At third - "Graphics will be jpegs or pngs and produced from photographs
I've
> taken and/or GIMP." - if you use pictures make clear there were released
under
> a GPL compatible license or a FDL compatible license.

Not an issue, I take and roll my own graphics and they can be GPL, LGPL, FDL
or whatever.

> At fourth, - "The sourcecode for Duodecimo does not exist,
> yet." - how do you plan to use SV then? How can we help you in > this
planning phase of your project?

> We would prefer to approve only your project when you have got > any source
code to show us.

duodecimo is a rewrite of the hethcote book database, so I'll attach a couple
of files from the book db which might help understand what I do. I've also
attached a ls -lR of the duodecimo project which may give an idea of the
shape of the project.

> At sixth, - "The hethcote book database is under GPL, but is
> not a public project." - if you want to link against it or
> include it in your project it has to be *free* (as in freedom).

The hethcote book database is GPLed, it just has a total distribution of 1
site.

> By the way a you cannot make a private project and release it
> under the GPL, that is a GPL violation! (everything has to be
> free available).

In this case I have three ways I can release the hethcote book db:

(1) it is GPLed;
(2) I am the sole proprietor of Hethcote Antiquarian which commissioned the
work; and
(3) I am the sole programmer working on the commission from Hethcote
Antiquarian

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: BookBook.cgi                   Size:17 KB
Bibliographic editing script
<http://savannah.gnu.org/task/download.php?item_id=5253&item_file_id=416>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5253>