[Savannah-register-public] [task #5737] Submission of yawiki

From: Sean Beecroft
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5737] Submission of yawiki
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 03:53:48 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=8684>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  yawiki

System Group Name:
-----------------
  yawiki

Type:
-----
  Official GNU software

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  yawiki.

The name sais it all. This is a project to fork wiki. I cant count the number
of users who have expressed frustration with the amount of
"over wikification" of the current wiki project.

The current release of the content site, is http://www.yawiktionary.com.

I've registered a few domains such as yawiki.org, and yawiktionary.com, net,
org and yawikipedia.org, net, com to get the ball rolling.

The source code I have right now is quite horrible, and I will post a link
shortly. I am in discussion with yawiki.com to find out if they are willing
to go foreward with a fork as well.

My current wiki engine is basically a RWF (Reduced wiki format) But I have
some ideas, and some hopes/dreams about how a finished project might look.

One such consideration is multiple file uploads, and a rich client,
preferably a JWS, (Java web start) implementation.

Please give your comments and critiques of this project proposal, I just want
to do it correctly from the start.

Other Software Required:
  JWS is a problem because its based on Swing.

The back end should be ok, just java 1.2

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5737>