[Savannah-register-public] [task #6360] Submission of Tikiwiki

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6360] Submission of Tikiwiki
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 09:39:16 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

I think we can open the account for access to the trackers in a first step
indeed. When you import tiki2, please contact us so we can review the code
and 'bless' the import.

There are a couple points that I would like to discuss though.

First, there are some modules with proprietary dependencies, for example the
gmap module or java based components (3d browser and picture editor).
We say that depending on non-free software must not entice users to try it -
that is, only depend on non-free software when there's an equivalent or
better free software alternative, and when the non-free component is
widespread enough that we're not actually advertising it. Ex: windows support
for an application when the GNU/Linux implementation is a robust and
complete.
In this case, there's apparently the tikimap alternative (I'm not sure how it
compares to gmap though), and hopefully either the future free sun java or gnu
classpath will be able to run the 3d browser when you import tiki2.

In addition to gifs, there are also some fonts with unclear status
(html2pdf/arial.ttf, etc.).

Can you precise how tikiwiki plans to address those points?