[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #6414] Submission of listhelper

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #6414] Submission of listhelper
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:15:48 -0600

    Btw, is that really official GNU software, or is it currently non-gnu?

Good question.  I put down official GNU software because we're using it
to manage GNU lists, and so it weird to think of using
address@hidden for discussion of a GNU management tool.
Likewise the "obvious" web page is
http://www.gnu.org/software/listhelper, not anything nongnu.org.

On the other hand,it's not a "package" in the sense of something that
can be installed with configure && make, and I wasn't planning to add it
to the maintainers file, but heck, we have lots of projects like that,
right?  Starting with www and working on down.  But if we're trying to
minimize such projects, nongnu.org would be ok.

Plus, the whole thing is theoretically temporarily when it comes to
lists.gnu.org lists; if sysadmin ever manages to deploy the new mail
system it will (supposedly) not be necessary any more.

So I feel somewhat at sea about categorizing it.  Wdyt?

karl