[Savannah-register-public] [task #7323] Submission of AVL_FILE

From: John Darrington
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7323] Submission of AVL_FILE
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:05:59 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in
Savannah. While doing so I have noticed a few problems which are
described below.

In avl_file.h, you state "This code license is GNU GPL", but did not
add appropriate copyright notices.   You must copy the preamble of the
GPL into each file, and you must state who the copyright holder is.
You must also add a COPYING file containing the GPL.

Please check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
more information, and update your files.

I didn't look at the technical details of avl_file.h, but it seems
similar to an existing GNU project, libAVL which you can find at
http://www.stanford.edu/~blp/avl You may decide that it's better to
contribute to this project rather than to start a new one.

If however you want to start a new project, and are willing to make
the changes mentioned above, please provide us with an URL to an
updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will reconsider your
project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the
tracker's web interface following the link below. Do not reply
directly, the registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we
will not receive such replies.

Regards.