[Savannah-register-public] Re: Fwd: [task #7293] Submission of PKP (Pop

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: Fwd: [task #7293] Submission of PKP (Pop Killer Portal)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:40:44 +0300

On 9/28/07, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 09:33:03PM +0300, Alexander Shulgin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Apart from the items listed below I see no problem with approving this
> > project:
> >
> > The file  layout/blue/html.php  is missing copyright and license
> > notices.  May be the file is generated, however, I should clarify it
> > with the OP.
>
> OK.
> (what is OP?)

OP=Original Poster.  Just a forum jargon came to my mind. :-)

> MySQL also comes to mind. We don't have a problem with such
> dependencies: they can be used freely. They can also be used by
> proprietary developers (if they pay), but in that regard, that's not
> much different from the modified BSD license, is it?

Um... the FCKeditor site talks about copyleft and non-copyleft license
choices.  The latter licensing option is somewhat close to modified
BSD, but is only provided for a fee.

> So no problem with FCKeditor IMHO.

OK, thinking more carefully, I see no big deal here either. :-)

Here is my proposed follow-up then:

Hi,

I'm reviewing your project for inclusion in Savannah. While doing so
I've discovered a few problems.

The file  pkp.sql  is missing copyright and license notices.  Please
add them as appropriate.

The file  layout/blue/html.php  is missing copyright and license
notices.  Please add them as appropriate, unless the file is generated
using some tool. :-)

Copyright notices refer to author as "pop killer".  It might be wise
to use your real name instead (or a combination like this: Copyright
(C) [years]  John "pop killer" Doe).  Please refer to the following
for details: https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ValidNotices

The project is hosted at sourceforge already.  Please confirm you are
willing to stop using it after you project is approved for Savannah.

--
Cheers,
Alex