[Savannah-register-public] [task #7107] Submission of Kannada Translatio

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7107] Submission of Kannada Translation project for GNU
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:30:52 +0000

(Please reply via Savannah)

Hari Prasad Nadig wrote:

> Very much. In fact, some of my journalist friends from
> Kannada media are very keen to see a Kannada version
> of GNU website since they've been writing about it
> free software in the media but a Kannada version is
> still to come out completely for people to read and
> actually understand what GNU is about. They'll be
> giving us feedback on translations et al.

That is nice to know, but we have to make sure that the prospective Kannada
leader can make decision and exercise judgement on his own, without relying on
third party.  Are you going to be a member of the future Kannada translation
project or you will replace Om as a leader?

> I have translated few other pages. It'd be nice if we
> can upload it directly our self (or if Om can upload it)
> as there would be various modifications based on the
> feedback received.

Please submit them to <address@hidden>, thanks.  We would like to
guide a single person through the process of establishing a translation team;
giving advice to several people is not feasible.  Could you please discuss
this with Omshivaprakash H L?  I gave a few pointers and guidelines when he
applied for new Kannada project, and you both don't seem to follow them.

(FYI: It is acceptable more than one person to have CVS write access in the
case of large teams with many contributors.  But this is not what we would
like to do for brand new teams.)

Thank you for your interest in translating gnu.org essays.