[Savannah-register-public] [task #8254] Submission of OpenRedAlert

From: Steven Robson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8254] Submission of OpenRedAlert
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 13:29:54 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => stevenr

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
doing so I have noticed a few problems which unfortunately prevent us from
accepting your project.

Your project requires proprietary software and cannot be hosted on Savannah
for this reason. (The original game files are proprietary, and your project
depends on those).

Savannah is willing to provide resources and time to developers writing Free
Software that can be used without the need to ask permission from proprietary
software vendor.

If, someday, you get free of those dependencies, feel free to resubmit your
project.

Secondly, Savannah's mission is to host free software projects, and we want
the public to think of them as free software projects.  A project name that
says "open" will tend to lead people to think of the project as "open source"
instead of "free software".

Thirdly, You added the license notices, but did not add appropriate copyright
notices.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.