[Savannah-register-public] [task #8696] Submission of Network Utilities

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8696] Submission of Network Utilities
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:41:50 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => karl

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi Rishi,

Before I approve this, can you please change the files so that they don't
talk about being part of "GNU Inetutils"?  You can probably do a global
replace of "GNU Inetutils" with "Free Netutils" or some such, and explain the
fork in the top-level README and NEWS files (which should be updated anyway).
The manual will need adjusting too.

Of course it should still give credit to GNU Inetutils (and the other
sources), but it shouldn't claim to *be* Inetutils.

I know we want to minimize changes in case the distributions converge again,
but it's important to make things clear while the fork is present.

Thanks,
Karl