[Savannah-register-public] [task #8575] Submission of PyHurd

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8575] Submission of PyHurd
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 19:46:23 +0000

I originalkly wrote a rant about not fitting licenses here, but then I
googled:

Cython:

"Can I place the output under the BSD licence, or does it have to be the
python-licence as well?

Answer: You can use the output of Pyrex/Cython however you like (and license
it how you like - be it BSD, public domain, GPL, all rights reserved,
whatever).
More details: The Python License is different from the GPL used for GCC, for
example. GCC requires a special exception clause for its output as it is
*linked* against the library part of GCC, i.e. against GPL software, which
triggers the GPL restrictions.
Pyrex doesn't do anything similar, and linking against Python is not
restricted by the Python License, so the output belongs to the User, no other
rights or restrictions involved.
Also, all of the copyright holders of Pyrex/Cython stated in mailing list
that people are allowed to use the output of Pyrex/Cython however they would
like."
- http://wiki.cython.org/FAQ#head-1151aa3ca1cd4f60bd6d2aba6fa513238d9d7cf4

No licensing problems through Cython it seems.

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah