[Savannah-register-public] [task #8759] Submission of GNU Cim

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8759] Submission of GNU Cim
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:48:59 +0000

Hi Sverre,

    That is the licese that the copyright holders have agreed upon.  The
    work by Terje Mjoes have also been published to public domain so that
    part could without his consent

More precisely, he already gave his consent.

    be relicenced to GPL V3.  Minor parts by Stein Krogdahl have been
    published as GPL V2 (I think).  My part have also been published as
    GPL V2.  I would like to change it to GPL V3, but I would need
    consent from at least Stein Krogdahl.

Please ask him now, ok?  The general goal is not to have GPLv2-only
packages in GNU.  Or anything-only, actually; it should be all be
GPLv[23]-or-later.

If there is no other option, we can discuss it with rms, but it sounds
likely that all that's needed is to get Stein's permission to release
his code under GPLv2-or-later instead of GPLv2-only.

Meanwhile, since cim is already a GNU package and this is the way it's
always been, I see no reason to delay approving the project.  Sylvain?

Thanks,
Karl