[Savannah-register-public] [task #9465] Submission of Tabarnak

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9465] Submission of Tabarnak
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:44:50 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

Your project (almost, see below) complies with the Savannah hosting
requirements.  I have approved your project.  You will receive an automated
e-mail containing detailed information about the approval.

Before to upload your project, please include a copy of the plain text
version of the GPL, available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a
file named "COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  For example, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

> Started for a school project, we wants to open the source code and find
some contributers.

Note (re: "open source") that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software
movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.

We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software that is
not dependent on proprietary software.

While Open Source, as defined by its founders, means something pretty close
to Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.  For more information, please
see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

> Each part of the documentation would be distributed under Creative Commons
licence and written with DocBook format.

Savannah hosts documentation released under the GNU Free Documentation
License, or a license that is compatible with the GFDL.

The "creative commons" license is a vague concept, but none of them are
compatible with the GFDL.  (note, though, that text under GFDL 1.3 and hosted
as part of a public wiki can be converted to CC-BY-SA 3.0 - cf.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3-faq.html).

Bottom line: you need to release your future documentation under the GFDL.

Cheers!

  Message posté via/par Savannah