[Savannah-register-public] [task #10288] Submission of GNU H+

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10288] Submission of GNU H+
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:14:20 +0000

Hi Giovanni (and Alex),

I am gnueval-input, for all intents and purposes, so I may as well chime in.
It seems to me that it wouldn't make sense to ask rms about another kernel as
an official GNU package, at least before it is considerably more advanced.
I'm not sure what he would think about it anyway.

So it should be evaluated as a nongnu package for now, and no "GNU" in the
name.  If it becomes a GNU package in the future, it'll be no problem to
switch the savannah project admin stuff.

(We don't actually assume a "complete program" for gnueval-input, in fact
there is specific text about evaluating something at an "early stage of
development".  But in this particular case, I don't think it makes sense to go
down that road right away.)

Finally, Alex, it is highly recommended that the root dir of a tarball
contain a version number.  We should complain when this is *not* the case :).

Thanks,
Karl