[Savannah-register-public] [task #10245] Submission of Geiser

From: Jose Antonio Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10245] Submission of Geiser
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:10:53 +0000

Follow-up Comment #28, task #10245 (project administration):

> We are having a miscommunication

Agreed (see below).

> I don't like Gmail at all, but what service should I use instead?.

Cannot you ask GNU for an account at fencepost?

>> in official communications as a GNU maintainer does more harm >> than
calling Geiser "my humble attempt at bringing slime to
>> the Scheme world."

> I don't object that pharse.

Well, your advice about code ownership directly followed a quote of that
phrase (see comment #21), so i took that advice as a reaction to the later.

> What I do object (As explained above) is "my GNU MDK package"
> and "i'm already stealing some code".

Okay, here's our miscommunication. When i say "my package", i
don't mean "the package whose code i own and will make sure that
nobody else can use", in the same way as i mean nothing of the
sort when i say "my friend" or even "my peach cake recipe".
I just mean "the package i develop and maintain", as (i thought)
one can easily infer from the context.

In the same manner, in the context of our conversation,
the term "stealing", specially when immediately followed by a
smiley, has a well accepted connotation (derived, as you know,
from Picasso's "los buenos artistas copian, los grandes roban").

You may contend that your interpretation of my phrases is more correct than
mine, and i agree with you that, under that interpretation, those wouldn't be
the best terms to use. I just happen to think that my interpretation is more
natural :)