[Savannah-register-public] [task #10258] Submission of Formatted Actuari

From: Benedict Escoto
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10258] Submission of Formatted Actuarial Vignettes in R
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:22:11 +0000

Hi, I made the changes to that file you demanded, which you can see at the
beginning of

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/favir/file/83109fe9619d/favir/inst/drafts/BasicReserving.Rnw

The GFDL is also checked into that repository.

I've been trying to educate myself on documentation licenses and I still
disagree with you however.  According to your logic, it seems all of latex
would also have to be under the GFDL because it only serves to generate PDF
output.

Also after reading the GFDL it doesn't seem appropriate for short papers---if
someone wants to give out 3 pages of a GFDL licensed paper, they also have to
print out the full nine page GFDL!  The creative commons ShareAlike license
seems much better, and I can see why wikipedia and other websites have
switched to it from the GFDL.

So to sum things up, I don't like the GFDL and being forced to use it is a
bummer.  I may not agree with you, but you are the boss, and I'm a fan of
Savannah and am grateful that you and the other Savannah administrators donate
your time even when you make bad decisions.  So, please don't delete my
project.