[Savannah-register-public] [task #10444] Submission of sim3d

From: Daniel Fiser
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10444] Submission of sim3d
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:06:12 +0000

Hi,

> Daniel: Please note that Savannah supports projects of the Free
> Software movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.
I am aware of difference between free software and open source. We were
planning to release our software as free software and we were assuming nobody
involved in this project wouldn't have any problem with that - this project
was started as part of european scientific project paid from public money.
Now it seems authors of CAD models of robots (which are the binary data I
mentioned before) either generaly don't care or don't want to release the data
under any free license. Either way they are not responding and I can't
influence it.

> If you are no longer planning use GNU Savannah please let us
> know. We won't bite, and it will make us gain time.
Because of reasons described above, it would be better to cancel registration
of this project to Savannah and I will repeat a registration later when (and
if) all license problems will be solved. I'm really sorry for your waste of
time, I didn't excpect any of these problems.

Cheers,
   Dan