[Savannah-register-public] [task #14676] Submission of A concise, robust

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14676] Submission of A concise, robust, and extensible syntax highlighting library for the web
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 15:50:53 -0400 (EDT)

Okay. I see there is a problem. GPL FAQ says:
[[
If a programming language interpreter has a license that is
incompatible with the GPL, can I run GPL-covered programs on
it?

When the interpreter just interprets a language, the answer is
yes. The interpreted program, to the interpreter, is just data;
the GPL doesn't restrict what tools you process the program with.

However, when the interpreter is extended to provide “bindings”
to other facilities (often, but not necessarily, libraries), the
interpreted program is effectively linked to the facilities it
uses through these bindings.
[...]
So if these facilities are released under a GPL-incompatible
license, the situation is like linking in any other way with
a GPL-incompatible library.
]]

=> So far so good (or so bad, should we say).

Let me think a little bit about all that, I'm coming back
to you in a few days.