[task #15711] Submission of Machine Learning system VKF

From: Dmitry V. Vinogradov
Subject: [task #15711] Submission of Machine Learning system VKF
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 04:46:08 -0400 (EDT)

I copied these terms from pybind11 author's declaration. This is 3-clause
Modified BSD license, as I understand. Sources of the pybind11 library are
included in my submissions together with the corresponding LICENSE file.

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> "BSD-style" and even "BSD" when speaking about a license is ambiguous:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/bsd.html

[comment #2 comment #2:]
> Hi Dmitry
>
> Thank you for the addition.
>
> I haven't reviewed the licensing of the dependencies, however having a quick
look at the files inside of the archive, there is one issue. For hosting at
this site there is a requirement to include valid copyright notices in all
files. An introduction to this procedure is provided at
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html>, which is
linked from the register page, <https://savannah.nongnu.org/register/>.

> For instance, a copyright notice is missing in setup.py and in
src/Attributes.hpp.

> It is my understanding that you may wish to write the correct copyright
notice, and go through the archive to include it in all files - including both
code and documentation.

> Svetlana

[comment #2 comment #2:]
> Hi Dmitry
>
> Thank you for the addition.
>
> I haven't reviewed the licensing of the dependencies, however having a quick
look at the files inside of the archive, there is one issue. For hosting at
this site there is a requirement to include valid copyright notices in all
files. An introduction to this procedure is provided at
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html>, which is
linked from the register page, <https://savannah.nongnu.org/register/>.

> For instance, a copyright notice is missing in setup.py and in
src/Attributes.hpp.

> It is my understanding that you may wish to write the correct copyright
notice, and go through the archive to include it in all files - including both
code and documentation.

> Svetlana

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> "BSD-style" and even "BSD" when speaking about a license is ambiguous:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/bsd.html

(file #49403)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: vkf_src_mit.tar.gz             Size:33 KB
    <https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/vkf_src_mit.tar.gz?file_id=49403>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15711>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/