[task #15759] Submission of STUMP

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #15759] Submission of STUMP
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 07:33:23 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you!

> I disagree; a mere directory of personal identifiers
> with an objective inclusion criteria is not copyrightable

That may be evident for you, the maintainer of the package,
that it's just a directory of personal identifiers
and that their criteria of inclusion are objective,
but other people may not see this so clear.

data.dist/README says,

To the extent that they are copyrightable, the following notice
applies to the files in this directory:

The main point of adding the notices to every file is making
it easier for other people to re-use them in other software packages,
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#NoticeInSourceFile
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#LicenseCopyOnly

If the files are not listed explicitly, it's very easy to get wrong when
copying this to other package or even adding new files to this directory.

While at it, data.dist/README and other files refer
to the CC BY license, but no copy of the license
can be easily found in the tarball.

Please make sure that other files have valid copyright
and license notices as well, for example,
etc.dist/messages/charter lacks them,
local/README has no valid copyright notice,
local/bin/pmcheck has no license notice, and the copyright
notice is ambiguous and doesn't follow the convention.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15759>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/