[task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations

From: julien lepiller
Subject: [task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 07:27:58 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #15, task #15757 (project administration):

[comment #14 comment #14:]

> - For the po and pot files, would it not be more helpful and clearer
>   to mention the license which "the guix manual package", "the guix
>   package", or "GNU guix package" is distributed under?
>
>   Also, for the pot files, I think it would make sense to mention,
>   perhaps on a separate line, the copyright year(s) at the top of each
>   file.

These pot files are generated using gettext, so that's difficult to do.
If you look at other GNU projects, all the pot files are similar.

> - Is it accurate that the copyright holders even for the translated
>   strings in the po files are "the authors of Guix" or "the authors of
>   the Guix Website"?  I think the translators would be the copyright
>   holders for the translations, no?  If so, would you please make that
>   change across those files?  I think it would also be useful for each
>   file to list the name of all translators/copyright holders for
>   clarity.

Again, this is a constant in GNU projects that use the Translation Project.
Msgids (untranslated strings) are copyright the authors of Guix, but the
translated strings are attributed to individual translators, listed below.
I can add the word "Copyright", but I'm not sure it changes anything, does
it?

> - The following files are missing a license header/notice in them:
>
>   - .gitignore
>   - CODE-OF-CONDUCT
>   - manifest.scm

Alright, I fixed .gitignore and manifest.scm, but I copied CODE-OF-CONDUCT
from the main Guix repo, where it does not have any license header either.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15757>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/