Re: [Savannah-users] Fw: Open Source

From: Gustav Wiberg
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Fw: Open Source
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:18:50 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Schwinge" <address@hidden>
To: "Gustav Wiberg" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:34 AM

Hello!

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 09:14:51AM +0200, Gustav Wiberg wrote:
I'm searching for a place to discuss general issues concering Open Source.
I'm doing some scientific research on the subject. Is this an OK place to
give som questions about Open Source in general?

If at all, this place here would be used to discuss Free Software, see
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html>.  And even for that I'm not
sure if here's the best place for doing that; I have no idea who / how
big the audience of this mailing list is.  This list is meant for
discussions among users of the Savannah service,
<http://savannah.gnu.org/>.

If you want to discuss Free Software, I'd suggest the gnu-misc-discuss
mailing list, <http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnu-misc-discuss>
``General GNU project and free software discussions''.

Of course you're also free to ask here, but you chance of getting an
answer will be much higher on the above list.  Or perhaps your questions
are even answered after reading through <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/>?

Regards,
Thomas

Hi!

And thanx for your answer(s). I've signed up for the gnu-misc-discuss -list now :-)

Best regards
/Gustav Wiberg