Re: [Savannah-users] Project web site information

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Project web site information
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:29:58 +0200

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 10:11:45AM +0200, Andreas K. Foerster wrote:
> Am Friday, dem 21. Jul 2006 schrieb Sylvain Beucler:
>
> > > Well, can I use .htaccess files there?
> > > For example for registering a Mime-Type for my projects fileformat.
> > > Or to redirect addresses. (Both needs "AllowOverride FileInfo")
> >
> > Dunno. Can you try? :)
>
> The server ignores my .htaccess file.
>
> > It probably makes sense to have those activated
>
> Is "AccessFileName" set to .htaccess in the config file?
> Is "AllowOverride FileInfo" set?
>
> > (but we don't admin that machine, so no guarantee).
>
> Huh? Who is administrating it then?

I was not very clear :) "we", the Savannah volunteers, that is, the
ones you communicate with, currently don't have access there - but the
FSF sysadmins, who own the machine, have.

Their security policy is quite strict, hence the use of
.symlinks. Since FileInfo allows SetOutputFilter, mod_rewrite and
mod_action, I think it is desactivated on purpose.

I may be mistaken, so feel free to ask address@hidden :)