Re: [Savannah-users] Cookies and Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Cookies and Savannah
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 17:28:33 +0200

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 04:44:24PM +0200, Donn wrote:
> > Do you still experience the problem?
> Yes. I have not been back to the site for at least a week, but it was very
> hard to use it when I was trying to setup my account.
>
> I got the feeling that there was a timer on the server and it gave me under 1
> minute to submit any given page.
>  For example when I tried to change the text that appears on the first page
> (public data, I think they call it) I found that I had to write the text in
> an editor on my side,  then login and *very quickly* paste it and submit it
> on Savannah. If I typed the text into the boxes - and took some time - then
> it would tell me I was not logged-in when I tried to save/submit the page.
>
> This happens all over the place, leading to a feeling of panic as one must
> rush through the site to get anything done.
>
> To confirm - I am on Kubuntu 6.06. I tried both Firefox 1.5.0 and Konqueror
> 3.5.2. I Have cleared the caches on both and ensured that cookies are
> acceptable from the Savannah domains. (gnu and nognu)
> I also ticked the 'remember me' tickbox on the login page, but it never does.
>
> > Can you tell me what your account name is so I can try to reproduce
> > the problem?
> I am a little reluctant to do this. Is it not a security issue? My project
> name is "fontypython" or "Fonty Python", perhaps that will help you.
>
> Thanks,

Hi,

I tried to impersonate you by changing your password and login using
your account - it works :|

I noticed though that there are several open sessions from the 12
september, that are very close in time, but from different IPs. Savane
logs you off when your IP address changes significantly.

The last thing I can think of is the date - if your system clock is
out of date, the session cookie may expire right after being set.

If you still cannot find a solution, please send me the content of
your Savannah cookies at address@hidden

--
Sylvain