Re: [Savannah-users] CIA?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] CIA?
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:05:30 +0100

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 12:00:42AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 11:45:59PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>
> > We'd need a version of CIA:
> >
> > - that support the new CVS 'loginfo' hook format (CIA's version
> > doesn't, the original pasky version does AFAICS). Savannah's
> > installation of CVS uses the new format and other loginfo scripts that
> > rely on it as well.
>
> The scripts page ( http://cia.navi.cx/doc/clients ) lists a different
> variant for CVS 1.12:
>
>    http://cia.navi.cx/clients/cvs/ciabot_cvs_1.12.pl
>
> I guess this one addresses the issue?...

Cool, I didn't spot that one.

Looks like that works.

> > - that allow passing parameters on the command line instead of having
> > to edit the source file (I'd namely need $project and $xml_rpc) - I
> > don't plan to install and maintain 2500 different ciabot.pl scripts, a
> > system-wide one should be enough :) If I can keep up with the new
> > versions of ciabot by just wget'ing it, without a manual
> > post-configuration, all the better :)
> >

> > The log_accum.pl script from project CVS is nice a loginfo script,
> > that matches these criteria, and may be a good model:
> > http://cvs.sv.gnu.org/viewcvs/cvs/ccvs/contrib/log_accum.pl?rev=1.53&view=auto
> >

> > Can you (or somebody on the list) contribute this to one of the ciabot
> > scripts?
>
> Sorry, I don't speak Perl... Any other volunteers? :-)

Project name can be specified on the command line.
Using XML-RPC can reasonably be set site-wide.
We're all done :)

I added it to project 'hurd' at Savannah:
-> ALL echo "Notifying CIA..." && ciabot_cvs_1.12.pl %p %{s} %n $USER hurd
Expect a bit of additional commit delay when CIA is loaded.

Does it work?

--
Sylvain
PS: anyone know if there's a Git client somewhere?